Instructions for installing the Garmin Communicator Plugin
Why do I have to install the Garmin Communicator Plugin?
The Garmin Communicator Plugin is needed to
(a). register your Garmin sat-nav with myPOIs,
(b). backup your 'favourites' with myPOIs and
(c). download our POIs to your device.
Print these instructions as the installation of the Communicator Plugin requires that you close all web browser windows.
Instructions for downloading using IE 7+ (similar for Firefox)
- On the Garmin Communicator Plugin homepage click the Download button. (Current Version 220.127.116.11).
- A File Download dialog window pops up. Select the Run option.
- A new dialog box asks you to run InstallGarminCommunicatorPlugin_4010.exe. Click Run.
- A Welcome dialog from Garmin is displayed.
- Accept license terms and conditions, tick the checkbox. Click Next.
- A dialog box asks that you to close all open web browser windows before starting the installation. Once closed, click Next to begin install.
- If browser windows are still open, a setup warning dialog is displayed asking you to close them. Once closed, click Retry.
- If Plugin install is successful a dialog states that the installation is complete and that the Plugin Test Page will be launched in your web browser.
- The Plugin Test Page opens with the results of the test. It should state that the Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 18.104.22.168.
- Now attach your Garmin sat-nav to your PC using a mini USB cable.
- Give you PC sufficent time to detect the presence of your Garmin USB device. This can take several seconds.
- On the Test Page, click the Test Page link in the quick links section on the right.
- If the test is successful it displays the Garmin model and Unit ID of your sat-nav. Your PC and sat-nav are now setup to receive POIs from myPOIs. If the test has been unsuccessful repeat the previous step.